Wednesday 24 June 2009

The Mouse, The Slug and Preparing for Interview

Yesterday I woke up at 0400 to go to the toilet, walked out of my bedroom, stood on a dead mouse, curtesy I assume of one of my cats, very unpleasant. Then as I was taking the mouse downstairs to dispose of stood on a slug in the hall, probably one of the cats brought that in too.

After disposing of dead mouse and slug (which after I stood on it was probably dead too) I was wide awake, so at 0420 I was drinking tea and reading.


Husband's car was in for a service (£165.00), but got a phone call about an hour after we dropped it off......... eventually the total cost was £563.63 (this is without the cam belt replaced - another £380.00).

While he was ranting about the cost, I was filling in yet another application form, have just got to the point where they ask tell us you experience, giving examples, and the worse one of all why you want the job (why do they think!) Will have to complete it today when my brain is more awake.

As well as that I had to take a passport photograph of myself to my son's school so that the Headteacher could sign it and a form saying that she had known me for more than three years and that I was who I said I was. All this is even before I get a whisper of the job I have an interview for on Friday. All the way through Boston, 30 minute typing test, and then the interview. I am trying not to be too hopeful, I have had about 7 interviews since I was laid off at the end of January, still no joy.

While I was waiting for my son to come home from school had another phone call from a company I had sent my CV to, an interview next Tuesday. Pick myself up and prepare myself for this interview, research on the internet about the company etc. Maybe I ought to set up a support group for other people in the same boat as me?

Well thank you for reading this.

More about my failure, I mean life later

Suz

1 comment:

  1. Try to stay positive Suz... look at it this way.. the only way is up!!

    As for the animal saga... ewwwwwww!!

    ReplyDelete