Wednesday 6 July 2011

About 2 weeks ago I received an email from Facebook telling me that I had accessed my acount from a different location, when I signed in and looked someone had changed my profile and had posted some comment about quantum physics, so I went through the process of changing my passwork etc.

Two days later I received an email from Amazon telling me that as a result of routine monitoring they had found that my email address and password had been posted on the internet, after checking that no one had ordered anything from my Amazon account, I went through the process of changing passwords etc. This time though I sent up a new email account and edited all my online accounts to show the new information.

I still check on the old email account and have set up a forward to the new one but I look in the Junk mail box. Since my email was published I have been inundated with phishing and scam emails, some of which are very amusing so I thought that I would publish the best ones on this blog. I really find it very strange that anyone could be taken in by them but I suppose it takes allsorts in this world.

Please see below for my favourite scam email so far:-

"PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE
TREASURY AND MINISTER
FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE,
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.

Our ref: ATM/13470/IDR
Your ref:...Date: 04/07/2011

IMMEDIATE PAYMENT NOTIFICATION

I am The Rt Hon David Cameron MP,Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury and Minister for the Civil Service British Government. This letter is to officially inform you that (ATM Card Number 7302 7168 0041 0640) has been accredited with your favor. Your Personal Identification Number is 1090.

The VISA Card Value is £2,000,000.00(Two Million, Great British Pounds Sterling).This office will send to you an Visa/ATM CARD that you will use to withdraw your funds in any ATM MACHINE CENTER or Visa card outlet in the world with a maximum of £5000 GBP daily.

Further more,You will be required to re-confirm the following information to enable;The Rt Hon William Hague MP First Secretary of State for British Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs. begin in processing of your VISA CARD.
(1)Full names:
(2)Address:
(3)Country:
(4)Nationality:
(5)Phone :
(6)Age:
(7)Occupation:
(8)Post Codes:

Rt Hon William Hague MP.
First Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs

Email;sscaffairs@dulei.si

Tel:+447024014367

TAKE NOTE: That you are warned to stop further communications with any other person(s) or office(s) different from the staff of the State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs to avoid hitches in receiving your payment.

Regards,

The Rt Hon David Cameron MP
Prime Minister"


Isn't it very kind of the Prime Minster, David Cameron & the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs to think of me, particularly, in these difficult financial times.

Seriously though, if you have received anything like this or anything asking for personal information etc or telling you that you have won vast sums then please be smart, work on the idea that if it sounds too good to be true then it then it is too good to be true and make sure that you delete the emails and what ever you do don't click on any links.

Save emailing

No comments:

Post a Comment